Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club
Rules And Regulations
PO BOX 6072
LACONIA, NH 03247-6072
AMENDED October 24, 2015
The following Rules and Regulations apply to the operation of Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club and the conduct of owners, renters and guests while at Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club.
These Rules were amended by a two thirds or more majority vote of the Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club Unit owners at a special meeting of the owners dated October 24, 2015 (reference minutes of October 24, 2015 SCYC special meeting for amendment and voting details).
The Board of Directors reserves the right to recommend changes to existing Rules and Regulations when, in its opinion such changes and/or additions are in the best interest of the club’s membership. Changes recommended by the Board must be approved by two thirds (2/3) of the owners total voting power before they can become effective
- Unit owners shall be held responsible for their actions as well as the actions of their children, guests and tenants. Any expenses incurred by the club as a result of damage caused to club property by a Unit Owner and/or family member, guest or tenant of a Unit Owner shall be the responsibility of said Unit Owner.
- Complaints regarding the management of the property or regarding actions of other Unit Owners shall be made in writing to the Board of Directors and signed by the complainant.
- Deleted at the Special Meeting October 24, 2015 of unit’s owner as mentioned above.
- As indicated in the Declaration of Condominium, prior to the sale of a unit an application to sell a unit must be forwarded to the Board of Directors using the appropriate Right of First Refusal document provided by the Association. All sales are subject to the board’s approval. Format will be the same as indicated above for tenant occupancy.
- Unit Owners, renters and guests are not allowed to bring animals, livestock, poultry or pets anywhere on the grounds, in the buildings or on the docks of Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club at any time.
- Skateboards, roller blades and/or any motorized scooters or bicycles are prohibited from all areas.
- In the event that a court of law should declare any paragraph herein to be invalid, such invalidation shall not invalidate remaining paragraphs.
- Vehicles shall be parked in areas provided for that purpose. The Unit Owners, their lessees, employees, servants, agents, visitors, licensees, and the Unit Owner’s family must obey any traffic regulations promulgated for the safety, comfort and convenience of the Unit Owners and guests. No vehicle exceeding their defined parking space limitation is allowed in the parking area. Motorcycles must have a proper kick stand plate to maintain the integrity of the parking lot.
- Owners will be held responsible for damage to the common area caused by oil, gasoline or acid from their vehicles. This rule applies whether damage is to their own parking space or other spaces which they may be using with or without permission.
- Sleeping overnight in the parking lot is absolutely prohibited. This applies to but not limited to the use of campers, trailers, vans, trucks or tents.
- The parking lot is not to be used as a play area.
- Due to the limited number of parking spaces trailers may not be parked in owner or visitor parking spaces on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from July 1st to September 30th.
- Smoking in the clubhouse and on the clubhouse grounds is restricted to the clubhouse designated smoking area (southeast corner of the patio). Smoking is prohibited in the clubhouse, on the clubhouse decks, patio (except designated smoking area), beach and within ten feet of the bridge entrance.
- No owner or tenant may make or permit any guests to make disturbing noise in the Club House or on the common grounds of the Association between the hours of 12:00 Midnight and 7:00 AM. The volume of any sound reproducing device including but not limited to radios or TV’s must be muted to the extent that no sound will go beyond the area containing such device. This also includes the Club House. As a courtesy to your neighbors, reasonable volumes of music and/or voices must be maintained at all times.
- Owners or Tenants using the kitchen area are responsible for keeping the area clean after their use. This includes the grill, stove, oven, pots, dishes and counter top. Also, there are to be no dishes, pots, pans, etc. left to drain in the sink.
- Owners or Tenants shall be responsible for keeping bathrooms clean after their use. All towels, sanitary napkins, tissues, etc. should be put in the proper receptacle. Also, no personal belongings should be left in the bathrooms, such as clothes, hair dryers, shoes, towels etc.
- There is no fishing allowed on the main entrance bridge or surrounding walkways of the Club House.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult in the Club House.
- No overnight sleeping in the Club House.
- No one under the age of 18 is allowed in the Club House after 12:00 Midnight unless accompanied by an adult.
- The last member or tenant to leave the Club House at the end of the day, or when no one else is present, is responsible for locking all doors and windows and turning out all lights.
- Consumption of alcoholic beverages by anyone under the age of 21 is prohibited on all common areas at Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club. Any alcoholic beverages you bring into the Club House should be removed when you leave the Club House.
- Due to the limited seating capacity and cooking facilities, owners and renters are restricted to 6 guests (including children) on holidays and weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) when using the beach, patio, kitchen and dining facilities. Owners and Renters must be on SCYC premises with guests when guests are using these facilities.
- Jet skies or any other motorized vehicles are prohibited in the beach area.
- Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult on the beach.
- All outside furniture should be properly placed and umbrellas put down after use to avoid damage.
DOCKS & SLIPS
- Owners and Tenants are responsible for the removal of rubbish from boats and docks. Rubbish is to be disposed of in the trash dumpster outside the gate. The placing of trash on top of or alongside of the dumpster is prohibited. No hazardous materials or building materials are to be placed in the dumpster.
- The use of gas or charcoal grills is prohibited on the docks, finger piers or on boats while in their slip.
- Gas cans are not allowed on the docks of Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club.
- No boats docked at Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club can be a navigational hazard. Due to the navigational hazards that may be caused by the size of boats in certain slips, the following boat length restrictions will apply:
- For boats docked on Dock 1 in Slips 1-1 through 1-12 inclusive, and for boats docked on Dock 2 in Slips 2-15 through 2-28 inclusive, the MAXIMUM Manufacturers LOA (Length Over All) of the vessel cannot exceed 31’1”.
- For boats docked on Dock 2 in Slips 2-1 through 2-12 inclusive, and for boats docked on dock 3 in Slips 3-18 through 3-25 inclusive, the MAXIMUM Manufacturers LOA of the vessel cannot exceed 45’.
- Extreme caution should be taken while swimming in and around boat slips so as to not impair the navigation of any boat leaving or entering Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club.
- As stated in Article 8-101 of the By-Laws, both purchaser and seller must complete and sign the Notice of Intention to Convey and the Right of First Refusal forms prior to the completion of sale. Prior to getting Board approval of the sale, the unit purchaser and seller have the responsibility of taking into consideration the water depth, and the boats length and beam so as not to cause a navigational hazard to surrounding boats.
- Boats are not to be tied to the upright dock supports. All boats should be tied to cleats and pilings.
- The pump out area is not to be used as a docking space for guests or for repairs. The pump out is for the exclusive use of club members only.
- The purpose of the docks is for access to boats. Dock chairs are not allowed to be set in such a way as to block passage or access to other boats.
- For the protection of docks and finger piers, all boats must have adequate clearance on either side, per survey of dock area dated November 1988. No additional pilings or repairs to docks are to be done without prior written permission of the Board of Directors.
- No carpeting or covering of any kind will we allowed on docks and finger piers.
- No storage boxes will be allowed on docks or finger piers.
- Bicycles are not permitted on docks or the club house walk ways.
- Guest slips are to be used only when the party being visited is present. Sleeping on boats in guest slips is not permitted.
- Slips can only be rented for the season or extended portion of the season, renting by the day, weekend or week is not permitted.
- Boats not properly registered to the party owning or renting the slip they are in are subject of being removed from the club at the owner’s expense, as well as a fine for violating club rules.
- Jet Skies being kept at the club are only allowed by permission of the Board of Directors.
- Jet Ski mooring privileges are renewable every year. Renewal procedures are outlined in the Club’s Jet Ski Registration Policy.
- There is to be no fueling of Jet Skies within Spinnaker Cove Grounds.
- The docking, mooring and use of all Jet Skies are governed by the clubs Jet Ski Registration Policy.
In the event these Rules and Regulations are violated the clubs Board of Directors is authorized to take action against the offender(s). Such action may include but is not limited to a warning for the first offense and the right to impose a monetary fine for subsequent offenses.
The remedy for violation provided for by the Condominium Act NH-RSA Chapter 356B shall be in full force and effect. In addition hereto, should the Association find it necessary to bring a Court Action for compliance with the law, and the courts findings that the violations complained about is willful and deliberated, the Unit Owner so violating shall reimburse the Association for reasonable attorney’s fees incurred by it to bring such action as determined by the Board.