History of Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club

Spinnaker Cove Yacht Club is a privately owned condominium association located on the shores of Paugus Bay on beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee, in Laconia NH.

SCYC was first organized and constructed in 1978 as a limited purpose partnership by nine individuals from NH and MA. It has evolved over the years into a privately held 91 unit condominium association.

The club is located on 2.33 acres of land in Laconia NH with water access to Lake Winnipeasaukee on Paugus Bay. The club consists of a 2000 sq. ft. club house which provides recreational, cooking, and bathing facilities for club members. There is also 1100 feet of shore line on Paugus Bay featuring a private beach for the sole use of SCYC members and guests.

There are 91 boat slips divided amongst 3 docks which extend out into Paugus Bay and are protected by a large, newly constructed breakwater.

There are 91 assigned parking spaces, one for each slip as well as ample overflow parking for the use of members and guests.

SCYC has on site pump out and fresh water services available for the exclusive use of the owners and renters using the slips.

In addition to the 91 boat slips there are tie ups and moorings available for approximately 20 Personal Watercraft. Personal Watercraft spaces are assigned to owners and renters on a yearly basis as outlined in the PWC Rules and regulations.

SCYC is governed as a condominium association by a Board of Directors consisting of not less than three (3) or more than five (5) elected members. Members of the board serve a 3 year term and are elected by the owners at the club’s annual meeting as outlined in the Club’s By-Laws.

Go to top